PRIVACY AND SECURITY MEASURES POLICY
May 1, 2016
At legitzpharma.com™, safeguarding your confidentiality and protecting your personal information is of the utmost importance. In fact, we are committed to meeting or exceeding the privacy standards established by applicable laws. As part of this commitment, we have implemented ten (10) privacy guidelines to govern our actions as they relate to the use of your personal information (collectively, the “Privacy Guidelines“). The Privacy Guidelines are as follows:
- Guideline 1 – Accountability. We are responsible for maintaining and protecting any personal information under our control. In fulfilling this mandate, we have designated an individual who is accountable for legitzpharma.com™ compliance with the Privacy Guidelines.
- Guideline 2 – Identifying Purposes. The purposes for which personal information is collected shall be identified before or at the time the information is collected from the customer or the customer’s authorized agent.
- Guideline 3 – Consent. The knowledge and consent of the customer is required for the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal information except where such collection, use and/or disclosure is required or permitted by applicable law.
- Guideline 4 – Limiting Collection. The personal information collected must be limited to those details necessary for the purposes identified by legitzpharma.com™ Personal information must be collected by fair and lawful means.
- Guideline 5 – Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention. Personal information may only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which it was collected unless the customer has otherwise consented, or when it is required or permitted by applicable law. Personal information may only be retained for the period of time required to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected.
- Guideline 6 – Accuracy. Personal information must be maintained in an accurate, complete and up-to-date form as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Guideline 7 – Safeguarding Personal Information. Personal information must be protected by security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the personal information.
- Guideline 8 – Openness. legitzpharma.com™ is required to make information available to customers concerning the policies and practices that apply to the management of their personal information.
- Guideline 9 – Customer Access. Upon request, a customer shall be informed of the existence, use and/or disclosure of their personal information, and shall be given access to it. Customers may verify the accuracy and completeness of their personal information, and may request that it be amended, if appropriate.
- Guideline 10 – Handling Customer Complaints and Suggestions. Customers may direct any questions or enquires with respect to the Privacy Guidelines or about our practices by contacting the designated person accountable for privacy at legitzpharma.com™.